After living in your home for a few years, you might start to find that it is not big enough for your growing needs. It’s not as though you hate the space, you are just frustrated with the lack of space. The last thing you want to do is move, this is where building an expansion to your home helps. Here are the top 7 ways to expand your home.
- Build out into the backyard. This is probably the most common addition. Typically, extending out into the yard means a bigger kitchen or family room is added. The modernity of contracting today enables you to take advantage of indoor-outdoor living.
- Take into account the scale. A large addition might be disproportional to the existing space if you don’t take into account the scale. You should break down the additional spaces into parts that relate to the original structure of the home.
- Create a jewel box. This addition allows you to enjoy the outdoors, inside. Building a space with a lot of windows is very beautiful and unique.
- Express yourself with a small statement. You don’t have to get stuck with building the same cookie-cutter addition on the back of your house. Instead, get creative and express yourself in a new way with a unique addition.
- Go big. If you have a large budget, you can go all out with a large addition. It can be modern, your style, and perfectly usable.
- Add a pavilion. If you have a big home lot, you have the opportunity to build a pavilion away from the existing structure. This enables you to be creative and build something new that complements the original structure.
- Build up. Another option is to add a second floor. This is useful if you have a smaller lot and can’t build out.
Creative Design Construction & Remodeling has been helping make home dreams a reality since 1988. Our attention to detail, excellent customer service, and high quality of work has earned us numerous awards. View our previous projects to get inspiration for your home. Contact us today to learn how we can help remodel your home.