Creative Design Construction & Remodeling understands that a remodeling project can turn your life upside down for at least a while. The following are a few hints to make this period less stressful.
Prior to enjoying the pleasures of your remodeled home, there is the construction phase. In order to make it as easy as possible, we invite you to take advantage of the great tips we’ve put together for you.
- Organize a scrapbook of photos, notes, and other ideas you have collected
- Compile a list of likes and dislikes about the space to be remodeled
- Get together with your family and ask them for their likes and dislikes
- Establish a comfortable budget
If you are planning a kitchen or just purchasing cabinets, draw a rough sketch of your floor plan and take measurements. This will enable your designer to help you establish an initial budget if you have not already done so.
If you are looking to do a major remodel, consider all options to move out before construction begins, especially if young children are in the home. In most cases you will actually save money and reduce the project duration.
- Remove all furniture and personal items from the construction space
- Pack everything that will not be needed into boxes, and label them. This will help them remain dust free and easier to find.
- Remove “ALL” wall hangings throughout the house
- Determine a “Safe Zone” for the contents of the construction space. If at all possible, it should be outside the construction area.
When it’s a kitchen remodel, here are a few hints before the old kitchen is removed.
- Plan a location outside the construction area to act as your temporary kitchen.
- Set up the refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, and a table for preparation
- Consider where your “water source” will be in relation to your temporary kitchen.
- Tell the kids you’re picnicking…use paper plates & napkins as well as disposable silverware.
- Check the gas connection/tank on the exterior grill
- Keep the little things close by, can opener, bottle/wine opener, sharp knives, and microwavable dishes. (Don’t forget the coffee filters and coffee)
- In a fond farewell to your old kitchen, spend some time in it, cooking. Make family favorites and throw them in the freezer. We promise you … you’ll thank yourself later!
When it’s a bathroom remodel, pretend you’re packing for a trip.
- Remember the hairdryer and curling iron.
Now its time to… Relax and rely on the Creative Design Team. There will be a beautiful new home when all the dust is gone!!
Creative Design Construction is a full service Design-Build Company. We are composed of two divisions, Building division & Cabinet division. We are best utilized when in control of the whole project. We can be on budget and on schedule.
In addition, we can provide interim financing.
We would be happy to discuss your financing options, just give us a call.